Friday, November 2, 2012

The Path to Personal Growth

Something that most of us come to understand is the path to personal growth. However our journey to that realization may be varied. Experiences in our day to day lives teach us the importance of paying attention to what we are learning from challenging and something painful situations. As we grow our experiences teach us to follow a path that may make sense at the time. As a young man, before I was introduced to a path of personal development, I probably looked at the world differently. At that time, I adopted the knowledge I learned from my friends, my family and even from experiences in school. My viewpoint then was the rich get
richer, and the poor get poorer. For many of my generation, our parents told us get a college degree, secure a great job and work hard and everything would be fine, that's what life was all about. But this did not work for me. For me, and others, we found that when life did not seem to work, this limiting philosophy was to blame.

I still remember the day my life was changed after listening to the tape of Mr. Jim Rohn. He taught me that rather than wishing life was easier, strive instead to be better. Face challenges in life by developing stronger skills. Look at challenges as the path to wisdom. What changed for me was the impact that personal development (PD) began to have in my life; I became devoted to mastering it in all areas of my life and making it my personal philosophy.

What about you? Have you given any thought to upgrading your life by studying PD?

Let me tell you it will take time and energy to create the habits of a stronger mind taking full responsibility for where you are going in life. So if you were to take that on what would that mean for you? Well for others it has meant being open minded, welcoming new ideas, establishing strong standards for your life. It doesn't happen overnight but surprisingly, putting one foot in front of the other you can get there. Who you become in the process is the part that is most exciting! An analogy that I love is the planting of a seed. It is something we can all relate to. Once that seed is planted it will grow, the roots may remain hidden under the ground for some time, but eventually the sprouts will burst through the ground and small green leaves will push their way through the soil and grow into twigs that become strong branches and eventually become a resilient and mighty tree. What went into cultivating that tree? It takes care, like water, sun, healthy soil, nutrients. Through the harvest, the foundation will come. No short cuts here! The analogy of the tree can be compared to the steps of Personal Development, let me share them with you now. The four principles that transformed my personal and business life are:

1. Endless possibilities come from new ideas obtained though a learning process of personal philosophy.

2. The necessary traits are a winning attitude, an inspiring life, empowering beliefs, enthusiasm, excitement and the willingness to make thing happen, rather than just wait for things to happen.

3. Combine the knowledge you have learned with action. Without taking any action your knowledge would be wasted. Nothing we suffer is in vain; it is all part of our growth to a more rewarding life.

4. Our results are always giving us feedback. By tracking our progress we can see the path we have journeyed Measure your results as a target for success!


No comments:

Post a Comment